Terminal Series VRU
Proprietary 3-Bed Solution
Our Terminal SeriesTM utilises our proprietary 3-bed solution developed specially for large VRUs to minimize investment price and operational cost. This unique configuration offers the following distinct advantages compared to the traditional 2-bed VRU:
- Reduced pressure drop through the carbon beds, thereby providing a lower overall pressure drop through the three-bed VRU compared to the conventional 2-bed configuration.
- Smaller Carbon Bed vessels required, thereby reducing the unit fabrication price and allowing for easier transport, handling and installation of the vessels.
- Reduced overall activated carbon volume required, thereby decreasing consumption of carbon.
- Smaller diameter inlet and vent vapour piping required, thereby decreasing piping and component costs and allowing for easier handling of these components.
- First stage of carbon bed depressurisation at the start of regeneration is performed by internal equalisation with the newly regenerated carbon bed still under vacuum. As a result, the volume of air entering the system during equalisation and purge phases is minimised, allowing for more efficient vacuum pump utilization and reduction of power requirements.
- Reduced internal recycle of hydrocarbons
- Reduced overall power consumption
Quality and Flexibility to Fit Your Needs
The VRUs from the Terminal SeriesTM utilise the same components and are engineered to the same high standard as those you have come to expect from all our VRUs. Only well-known and respected suppliers known to deliver high quality equipment are used. All our systems are constructed in accordance with internationally recognised standards and codes.
The range of Terminal SeriesTM units has been developed to fit a wide range of capacities to ensure a good fit to our client’s needs.
- Can be designed for a wide range of inlet concentrations.
- Complies with emissions from 35 g/Nm³ to 150 mg/Nm³.
- Addition of a second stage ensures compliance with TA-luft demand of 50 mg/Nm3.
- VRUs manufactured for all climate conditions – from desert to arctic.
The Best Pump on the Market
The Terminal Series™ VRUs are all based on the use of rotary vane vacuum pumps. These vacuum pumps offer an extremely reliable and economical operation.
In Cool Sorption, we have been using rotary vane vacuum pumps in our vapour recovery system designs since 2002. During this time, we have found that this technology offers many advantages over the conventional liquid ring vacuum pump (LRVP) or screw pump designs. For more information on our choice of vacuum pump, please click here to read further about the advantages and disadvantages of different vacuum pump types.
(click on the picture to see bigger version)
The capacities in the table correspond to VRUs with inlet vapour concentrations of 21 vol%, 30 vol% or 40 vol% and emission limits of 10 g/Nm3 (incl. methane) or 150 mg/Nm3 (excluding methane). Depending on local conditions and requirements, the data may vary. Please always consult our sales team to determine the appropriate VRU for your operations as parameters such as product loaded, HC concentration, type of absorbent and others will dictate the sizing of the unit.